Drug Design Training Course
Duration21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
A Bachelors Degree in biology or related areas is recommended.
This course has been created for people who want to understand the basics of structural bioinformatics including protein-ligand docking and virtual screening, i.e.:
- Researchers whose main area or expertise is not a structural bioinformatics, but they want to broaden their knowledge in this field
- Computer programmers who are going to deal with structural data (crystal structures, PDB format files, modeling pipelines) or with docking/virtual screening software
- Biology, biotechnology and bioinformatics students who want to expand their knowledge into structural bioinformatics and molecular interactions
This course is more like a workshop. The trainer introduces theoretical bases as well as basic pipeline for structure modeling and molecular interactions.
- Structure and function of DNA, RNA and proteins
- Information provided by 3D structures
- General methods of solving protein structures
Structural databases and formats
- Protein Data Bank
- PubChem and ZINC libraries
- Structural file formats
- Representation of macromolecules and ligands
- Search methods and flexibility of objects
- Scoring methods
- Useful data in docking
- DOCK6 approach of protein-ligand docking
- Virtual screening
Bookings, Prices and Enquiries
- Public Classroom
- Participants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
- Private Classroom
- Participants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
- Private Remote
- The instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet. More Information
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price